1. Visit the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History. This museum is a must-see for anyone interested in learning more about the American Civil War, rail transportation, and American history. The museum includes a variety of artifacts from this time period and many interactive exhibits to explore. Visitors can also take a ride on the General, an authentic steam locomotive from the Civil War era.
2. Explore Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park - This 2,965 acre park is dedicated to preserving the site of a major battle in the Atlanta Campaign during the Civil War. The park offers several miles of hiking trails that pass through scenic views, historical sites and monuments, and nature areas. There are also picnic tables throughout the park for visitors to enjoy lunch or a snack while taking in all that Kennesaw Mountain has to offer.
3. Check Out Smith-Gilbert Gardens – For those looking to escape into nature while still within the city limits of Kennesaw, Smith-Gilbert Gardens is just what you need! This stunning 17-acre garden retains its rural character with rolling hills, natural streams and ponds, native plants and trees, as well as historic structures such as a renovated farmhouse and barns from another era. Visitors can enjoy walking paths adorned with thousands of bloomers from early spring to late fall or relax under one of their vintage shade trees in warmer months.
4. Enjoy Shopping at Historic Downtown Kennesaw – Take a stroll down Main Street (Cherokee St.) in Historic Downtown Kennesaw for some unique shopping experiences! Get lost among small boutiques carrying everything from home décor to clothing galleries featuring fashion finds from around the world! Stop by one of many restaurants along Main Street offering tasty treats like homemade ice cream or traditional southern cuisine that will have your taste buds singing!
5. Take In An Exciting Game At The Big Shanty Festival In April – Every year since 1971 residents of Kennesaw come out in droves for this exciting three-day festival held each Spring celebrating food, music, artisans' wares, local businesses and more! Attendees can partake in activities such as thrilling carnival rides or participate in an egg toss competition ending with two crowning champions who will wear their titles until next year’s event arrives!
6. Spend An Evening Under The Stars At Adams Park – Adams Park provides visitors with plenty of outdoor recreational activities, including a playground area for children plus tennis courts & basketball hoops for more active participants! But when night falls over this beautiful park, it truly comes alive with plenty of picnic shelters equipped with grills plus ample open space perfect for stargazing or catching up on some much-needed rest away from busy city life!
No matter what you decide to do while visiting Kennesaw, Georgia, the city promises a warm welcome and plenty of exciting activities that are sure to please even the most discerning traveler! So don’t waste another minute and plan your trip to this vibrant Southern city today. You won’t regret it!
Start Your New Home Search Now!
Stay up to date on the latest real estate trends.
Experiencing the Magic of Christmas in Atlanta: A Season of Lights, Culture, and Joy
Discovering Atlanta's Heart and Soul Through Local Businesses
Supporting Your Community: The Far-Reaching Benefits of Shopping Locally
Teamwork: The Key to Unlocking Your Real Estate Potential
You’ve got questions, and we can’t wait to answer them.