When moving, packing up the house can be a stressful thing, but you don’t have to hire someone to do it for you. You can do it yourself with some of these easy tips and tricks that will save you time, energy, and stress!
- MAKE A LIST OF WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE
Making a checklist is never a bad idea, especially when moving – writing down everything that needs to be done will give you the ability to know what to do throughout the whole moving process.
- DECLUTTER EVERY ROOM
Get rid of things that you don’t want to bring into your new home, and organize as much as possible.
- PACK SMALL THINGS IN BIG THINGS
You have pots and pans that have lids so use that space inside to pack small kitchen items. You have suitcases and bags so use that space to pack miscellaneous home items.
- COLOR COAT AND LABEL EVERYTHING YOU PACK
You’ll know exactly what you’re unpacking before you even open it! Doing this will help unpacking rooms go much faster and smoother.
- TAKE PICTURES OF ANYTHING THAT YOU HAVE TO DISASSEMBLE
Examples – cords that are plugged into the TV, anything that was set up in a specific way, or anything that you want to remember.
- BEFORE YOU PACK IT AWAY, CLEAN IT!
Doing this will help you clean your current home and give you a clean, new home once you unpack.
- PUT SCREWS AND NAILS IN LABELED BAGS
Tape the bags to what they go to or put the bags in a safe place you’ll remember so you don’t lose them.
- STUFF PILLOWS AND BLANKETS IN THE “FRAGILE” BOXES
This will help you to protect your breakable items and you end up being able to pack pillows and blankets at the same time.
- PACK A “MOVING DAY BAG”
- This should have a few essentials in it that you will need for the first night in your new home – toiletries, change of clothes, chargers, and anything else you use at night.
You’ll be exhausted after packing up your life into boxes, but with these tips you can have a stress free and organized unpacking experience!